On this week’s episode, Tom is joined by online-marketing strategist Amy Posner. Posner offers tips and tricks to make sure your discovery calls are effective at bringing in clients that are right for you! The importance of an authentic, engaging, and confident discovery call goes a long way towards establishing great rapport and long-lasting relationships between you and your clients. Listen in to help take your discovery calls to the next level.
“You can be the best copywriter, or the best designer in the world… but if nobody knows about you, you’re not going to eat very well.”
In This Episode:
- It’s so difficult to get perspective on your own business, so hiring outside copywriters can help you better understand your pain points.
- Discovery calls work in your favor when you pick the RIGHT clients. What does the client ACTUALLY need? Is this something I can see myself working on for a few months? Do we have good chemistry?
- Posner talks about using the ‘ballpark float’ to get around the tough budget questions. Throw out a previous number you’ve used for a similar project and see how the prospective client reacts.
- Value your work as a freelancer and confidently, authentically engage with your prospective clients.
- Discovery calls can range from 30 minutes to an hour. Customer service, providing results, and engaging with prospective clients will get you closer to your IDEAL client.
- Using an expert statement, confident money question, and the initial segue from the chit chat will show to your client that you can take control and deliver on your promises.
Connect with Amy Posner
- No Sweat Sales Calls (Discover how to position yourself as the go-to expert your clients want to hire in your very next call)